Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu
Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bellingham, WA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 6
Sensitive, thoughtful and caring provider
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu - Posted on August 6th, 2017
Top rating for Chao-Ying Wu, MD
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu - Posted on March 28th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu - Posted on March 1st, 2012
30 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu
I grew up in Connecticut, Japan, and Missouri, the youngest of four children. My parents were academics in art history, botany and writing. I got my undergraduate degree at Harvard College studying social anthropology, with no plans to go into medicine. A few years later when it became obvious that I needed to study medicine, I was fortunate to attend the University of Washington. This is where I did my pre-medical work, medical school and residency in family medicine. After residency, I joined the Public Health Service and worked on the Navajo Reservation in Shiprock, New Mexico for five wonderful years with great patients, colleagues, mentors and friends. I returned to the Pacific Northwest in 1996 to join North Sound Family Medicine. Throughout my training and career in medicine I have been very fortunate to work with brilliant, hardworking teams. I can say without reservation that the team of North Sound Family Medicine and Family Care Network is the best yet. My approach to care is simple. I want every part of my patient's care to be as I would want it for my own family. My interest is in whatever my patients are working on, so I don't have an area of special interest within family medicine. My immediate family includes my wife and two daughters, both now out of the nest. In my free time I walk, run, hike, ski, paddle, climb, bike, fish, read, play guitar, break things, fix things, break them again, write, do laundry, study evolution and spend time with friends and family. Favorite quote: “Whenever you laugh, gladness spreads like the ripples in a pond.” – Norton Juster (The Phantom Tollbooth)
Locations & DirectionsNORTH SOUND FAMILY MEDICINE, 2075 Barkley Blvd Ste 105, Bellingham, WA
Dr. Chao-Ying Y Wu is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bellingham, WA.