Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charissa J Farris has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Charissa J Farris has the following 18 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Injuries
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Shoulder Pain
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
Dr. Charissa J Farris has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Charissa J Farris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
After surgery, she didn't give relatives waiting in the hospital waiting area how it all went. All the other people got updates from doctors. She never came into the hospital room after the surgery to tell the patient how things went for over 24 hours. The nurses on staff could not reach her via phone or pager. All very unusual for a doctor. When asked about all of these things, she lied and said she did try to reach out to relatives in the waiting room (she was watched walking by with her cell phone and never stopped) She said no staff tried to reach her...another lie..numerous times they tried to get a message to her with no response. After leaving the hospital, the physical therapist and occupational therapist tried numerous times to find out about treatment as the WRONG treatment for the WRONG surgery was written on the order sheet. They could never reach her or get a call back from anyone. This was the worse Doctor/patient interarctment that I have ever seen. The lying about it all was it for us. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone. The at home staff was terrific and I felt bad for them not getting any answers from the doctor. It was parr for the course for her!
11 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Charissa J Farris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCharissa Joy Farris Md, 2516 Samaritan Dr Ste B, San Jose, CA
Dr. Charissa J Farris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.