Dr. Charissa J Pettyjohn Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charissa J Pettyjohn?

Dr. Pettyjohn was a lifesave for my wife and me. We lost our first baby at around 10 weeks, and Dr. Pettyjohn was terrific in helping us get through it, following-up, explaining that there was still some positives to take out of it, knowing that getting pregnant wasn't an issue. When we were ready to try again, Dr. Pettyjohn sent my wife for early ultrasounds to put us at ease and make sure the baby was placed correctly. My wife then had a blood clot about 8-9 weeks into her pregnancy and even though there was nothing Dr. Pettyjohn could do, she visited my wife in the ER, assured her that she can still carry the baby to term and it didn't mean that the baby was in trouble. She then visited two days later while she was on call at the hospital. Her bedside manner is absolutely the best I have ever seen. When it came time to deliver, she directed my wife like she was talking to her friend. It was a quick deliver once pushing started and I could not be happier. Dr. Pettyjohn never once told my wife she couldn't do something, she was never aggressive about anything, she put any concerns to rest immediately, letting two worried parents to be that everything was going normal and perfectly during the 9 months. I have friends now who are trying to get pregnant and I offer Dr. Pettyjohn and all the doctors at Commonwealth whenever I get the chance. We live 25 miles from her office, but would travel 100 to deliver with her again if/when we have another child.

She is lovely and not a robot like so many doctors these days. Informative, intelligent and gives good advice! If I had listened to her 3 years ago I would not be having the female problems I am having today. And she also returns calls quickly unlike any other doc I have had! I highly recommend her!!!

Decent doc

I like Dr. Pettyjohn and think she is direct as opposed to most doctors. I never felt rushed in her office and she returns calls promptly. I value all her opinions about my condition. I plan on continuing to go to the good doctor in the future!

Rude

I had an awful experience with this doctor. She was very rude and did not make me feel at ease. I went to see her for the first time with an irregular Pap smear result. She did not explain the results clearly and when I asked questions she made me feel like I was wasting her time.

Great Doctor!

Dr. Pettyjohn is very down to earth and is a straight shooter. She has a great sense of humor and really takes the time to build a relationship with her patients. Because of this, she was able to put me at ease even when she was explaining some worrisome issues with my pregnancy. I would highly recommend her and the entire group she works with to anyone.

I would recommend Dr. Pettyjohn to anyone seeking prenatal care

I read the negative reviews of Dr. Pettyjohn and I was so surprised. I have seen Dr. Pettyjohn multiple times and each appointment has been very pleasant. The radiologist found something on my fetal ultrasound and Dr. Pettyjohn explained everything to me in great detail. She was very caring and reassuring. Dr. Pettyjohn is one of my favorite doctors at this group (they are all great doctorrs).

Excellent Doctor

I never write or review doctors either, but after reading a few of these, I must tell you how much I loved my experience with Dr. Pettyjohn. Dr. Pettyjohn was the doctor at the Brigham when I was sent for precautionary testing for my son, over five weeks before his due date. I was a mess and I must say, I am SO grateful that Dr. Pettyjohn was the doctor on-call for the night. She was incredible...patient, thorough, understanding of my concerns. I ended up having to deliver and she was the one who put me at ease. Her calm manner, sense of humor, and honesty made the experience as easy as it could be for my family and myself. She was extremely thorough in making her decision to deliver. I immediately switched to her as my doctor after this experience. I love the whole practice and she is a great addition.

I really like Dr. Pettyjohn

I have read some of these comments about Dr. Pettyjohn and I feel I must share my experience with her. Dr. Pettyjohn delivered my son last November. My husband and I were very impressed with. She's was vey knowledgable and caring. Dr. Pettyjohn made my delivery of my 9.9 baby as comfortable as possible. I was excited when I learned that Dr. Pettyjohn was going to deliver my son because she was the doctor that I had connected with the most during my prenatal visits.I'm surprised that some patients are so unhappy with her. My only thought is that she can be a little sarcastic but I think that's her humor, she is not insensitive. I would not hesitate to see Dr. Pettyjohn for my next pregnancy. Also, the front desk of this practice is the best! They are so kind and helpful.

Great Doctor

Dr. Pettyjohn is one of the four physician's at Commonwealth OB-GYN I saw throughout my pregnancy and after I had tried all the others, I kept making my appointments with her. She was very patient and always listened to my concerns. She was reassuring and caring, and I was excited that she was on call to deliver my baby. She checked on me often while I was in labor and helped me through with her positive attitude and energy. I will definitely see her again when I'm pregnant with another baby.

More Caring about money than patient

I rarely write reviews for the professional service I received or place I went before. This time, I simply want to share my experience I had seeing Dr. Petty-John. I have been having problems with my menstrual cycle and got quick appointment with Dr. Petty John. I told her about my problem with menstrual cycle. She was very impatient listening to me and just simply told me that it is normal to have irregular menstrual cycle for several months and there's nothing she could do to help. When I told her that it used to be regular, she was quick to order further testings and diagnoses which I quickly refused. For the whole time of my appointment, her interactions was very impatient and quick to get me out of her office. When I first came into the office, the front desk person told me that it was the preventive check-up and I won't have to pay for the co-payment. However, after a couple of days, I got a bill for my co-payment in the mail. I would not recommend someone to go see this doctor again simply because she doesn't like patient and the office is just thirsty for your money.

Not a professional doctor

She was rush and inhumane when doing the check-up. When asked about infection, she mentioned OTC medicine. When we chose to transfer to other doctor, she immediately called us to prescribed class B drugs which is not supposed to be used to treat pregnant women. She is mean and should be disqualified to practice immediately!

Dr. Charissa J Pettyjohn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brookline, MA.