Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Charlene D Chang-Smith
Dr. Charlene D Chang-Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oroville, CA. Her specialties include Ophthalmology. She speaks English.
Dr. Charlene D Chang-Smith has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Charlene D Chang-Smith has the following 9 expertise
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
Dr. Charlene D Chang-Smith has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Charlene D Chang-Smith is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 8
Having worn glasses for most of my life I have seen many providers. This is the absolute worst experience I have ever had. The Dr herself was decent, but the staff were incompetent and many mistakes were made with billing and service. I would not hesitate to tell anyone this facility is terrible, and will any chance I am given.
Both Dr Chang and Stevens were great but check with your insurance company NOT the office to see if your insurance is accepted. I made the mistake of asking the receptionist and now I am being told the $300 bill is on me because it is my responsibility to check who my providers are. I went in with an eye injury, guess I should have stopped to read my policy with only one eye. I will not be going back, too bad they were good doctors in a very nice office.
- Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Charlene D Chang-Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOroville Eye Associates Inc, 2809 Olive Hwy Ste 250, Oroville, CA
Dr. Charlene D Chang-Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oroville, CA.