Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charlene Hafer-Macko
Dr. Charlene Hafer-Macko, MD, MS is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with another office in Baltimore, MD. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology. Dr. Hafer-Macko is affiliated with University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Kernan Hospital. Dr. Hafer-Macko has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Charlene Hafer-Macko has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Charlene Hafer-Macko has the following 10 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Charlene Hafer-Macko has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Charlene Hafer-Macko is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Your secretary is either completely incompetent or you do not respond to patient needs. Emails, faxes, call, walk-in, it doesn't matter...I just can't get the answer to a question about a lab you scheduled. After waiting 7 months to see you, it is unbelievable that I can't get a response. I know you are good, but are you that good that you don't have to treat patients with respect? I have to believe it is your secretary who said to me, "What Dr. Macko says and what Dr. Macko does, are two different things" that is the root of poor care from you. What a shame.
I have a new assistant, this should not be an issue
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hafer-Macko is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center
James Lawrence Kernan Hospital Inc
James Lawrence Kernan Hospital
29 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Charlene Hafer-Macko accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charlene Hafer-Macko in this video.
Dr. Charlene Hafer-Macko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.