Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charlene M Scheim has the following 1 specialty
- Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine & OMM
Dr. Charlene M Scheim has the following 4 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Charlene M Scheim has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Scheim is the best doctor I know and I've had many doctors. She is caring and interested in you and your medical conditions. She makes sure you have the best care possible and goes well above and beyond to get you treatment and she has even found medical mistakes that other doctors have made with me. She has been my doctor for over 10 years and has cared for me thru 2 back herniations to 4 neck herniations and found the mistake in my hand and arm when I was diagnosed with carpel tunnel when she said no it's not and referred me to a hand doctor who found she was right and it was very serious n I needed ulnar bone surgery to get the bone off my wrist. It was bone on bone and I needed ulnar bone shortened n rods n plates put in. Dr. Scheim is the one who knew I had been diagnosed incorrectly when I had gotten injured very badly. She has always been there for me and comforted me when I needed. I could write more n more but there are no words to really express what an excellent caring smart doctor she is. I see her as a friend.
Dr. Scheim is an excellent doctor. She really listened when I talked to her and she seemed like she really wanted to help me and use every piece of information I knew about what I felt and used that to make a better decision without quickly thinking of a way that could help but may not be most beneficial. She was so friendly and you could tell she really likes her job. She made me feel comfortable and I am really looking forward to going back for my next appointment! I highly recommend her!!! If she works in the specific area that you need help in, I think she would be a great doctor for you.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 2001
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Charlene M Scheim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTara Paternoster Pa, 2001 Marcus Ave, New Hyde Park, NY
Dr. Charlene M Scheim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.