Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles A Anderson
Dr. Charles A Anderson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pasadena, CA, with another office in Tacoma, WA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with St Elizabeth Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Charles A Anderson has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Charles A Anderson has the following 9 expertise
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 2 of 13
What the heck just happened?
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles A Anderson - Posted on February 24th, 2017
Wait time was an hour and 15 minutes to have a guy come in and do a 5 minute personality assessment along with a minor physical exam and tells talks to me like he's Dr Phil! So incorrect on judging my personality and life that there's no way he's looking to take care good my pain! I see why there are so many complaints! Don't go to this guy!
Not so accurate / Short on Time
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles A Anderson - Posted on December 14th, 2014
He spends 5-10 minutes max face time and then was not exactly accurate on his diagnosis... said I did not have asthma while two other doctors confirmed before and afterwards that, in fact, I do. It could be a technician error rather than his, but his trivializing my breathing problems was not acceptable.
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Highland General Hospital - Oakland
Dr. Charles A Anderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Charles A Anderson
I grew up and spent most of my life in Southern California, where I practiced medicine for over 20 years. I met my wife of almost 30 years while doing my residency in the San Francisco Bay area. Our daughter is currently working in San Francisco, and ourson is attending university in Berlin, Germany. I was originally interested in marine biology in college, but switched to medicine after doing some research in neurobiology, and working at a community hospital. I have served as a medical director for a sleep disorders center in a California hospital, and a medical director for the largest sleep diagnostics and treatment company in the country.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles A Anderson, MD - Pulmonary Disease in Pasadena, CA, in this video.
Dr. Charles A Anderson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pasadena, CA.