Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles A Gonzalez has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Charles A Gonzalez has the following 11 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Weight Loss
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Charles A Gonzalez has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Charles A Gonzalez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
After a liver biopsy,I was told by this Dr. that he wasn't qualified to give me the results.Then he gave me another appt. for 5 months away at University. Spent exactly one year to find out nothing. I already know I'm dying fast.Wasted time that I could've been under treatment for. Still trying to get interferon or told I'm too far along so I can get ssi to support my child(13yrs.)I am unable to work.Stage 4 cirrohsis,hep-c 34yrs. esophigel varicies,hiatial hernia,gal stones.Can hardly eat from nausea,throw-up bile daily,mind is not as sharp as it was.Looseing hearing and sight.Stay in pain.
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Charles A Gonzalez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAl Digestive Disease Pc, 985 9th Ave SW Ste 307, Bessemer, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles A Gonzalez in this video.
Dr. Charles A Gonzalez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bessemer, AL.