Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles W Abbottsmith has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Charles W Abbottsmith has the following 13 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Block
Dr. Charles W Abbottsmith has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Charles W Abbottsmith is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I had my 1st heart attack in 1993, since then, I have had 4 more heart attacks and with tests, 2 additional stents were inserted which prevented 2 additional heart attacks. 3 other members of my family go to Dr Abbottsmith. We all love. He keeps me alive, he is a very kind and understanding man. I know as long as he is there, I will be ok. Every day I Thank God for both Dr. Abbottsmith (and Ohio Heart) and for Christ Hospital.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Mcgill University
Dr. Charles W Abbottsmith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOhio Heart And Vascular Center, 2123 Auburn Ave, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Charles W Abbottsmith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.