Dr. Charles Adelmann Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Adelmann?

He's one of the best, in my book!

Posted on October 28th, 2017

In October 2017, I visited Dr Adelmann for a consultation, and we talked about alternatives, since I'm a little scared with colonoscopy. He was very reassuring, and I had seen him for one 13 years earlier. He also was willing to let me try this w/o anaesthesia, which I heard is done commonly in some places in Europe (although he and everyone else I talk with discourages this). So the operation went forward, and all was well initially, but after 2/3 of the scoping, I could not take it anymore with the discomfort, and was almost on the point of passing out! So the procedure was stopped at that point, and he did the evaluation on the results in and out from that point. He gave me a very good out-briefing of the procedure just after the operation in the recovery room, as well as a typed professional report. (He had offered to provide some anaesthesia ? before ending the procedure, but I had had enough at that point, and we got most of the way along). I am very grateful to Dr Adelmann for accommodating my request for no anaesthesia (otherwise, I probably would not have done the colonoscopy), but in retrospect, next time I will go with anaesthesia!

Find a new doctor!

Posted on August 13th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Adelmann from one of his relatives who was my physician in the hospital. Nepotism may be the only way he can get patients. During my consultation, he was rude, inconsiderate, and lacked compassion for my medical concerns. He took a phone call while in the exam room with me and proceeded to belittle the caller, who seemed to be in the medical field as well, including using profanities. As a doctor myself, I was horrified by the whole experience and have strong concerns for his medical knowledge and ethics. As I was leaving, I declined to schedule an endoscopic procedure with him and was then taken aside by Dr. Adelmann to be "scolded." I am concerned for patients without medical knowledge who rely upon him for medical care. Please find another doctor!!

Great doctor and nursing staff

Posted on October 1st, 2014

Great doctor and he's fun to talk to. Makes me feel good about medications and procedures and the nursing staff is nice and helpful as well. Definitely recommend him.

Frustrated!

Posted on July 10th, 2014

This doctor is witty , humorous and kind but it seems as though he is taking on too many patients. Wait time exceeds 35 minutes, making an appointment is nearly impossible ( because he doesn't see patients this day and that day and at this time or that time. Moon has to be in perfect harmony with the planets etc) and once you DO see the doctor all he wants to do is "scope" you. I know that scoping is a huge thing for butt doctors but it seems like this is the only course of action ever taken. I have a complex and severe chronic illness. Dr. Adelmann never took the time to research it and this bothered me. He should be aware of what disease is keeping me in a wheelchair so as to safely treat me! I was very upset by this. When I explained the illness to him, he seemed dismissive and presumptuous. In order for me to safely have any testing performed I need to be admitted to a hospital but he did not order this, which also angered me. When another doctor prescribed a medication to me, I checked with Dr.A delmann to ensure it was safe for my ulcers and the staff called me back stating that he said it was OK. Upon further research and according to the pamphlet that came with the medication, it was highly dangerous to take this medication with the type of ulcers I have. I called back and asked him again if it was OK. A staff member said that I shouldn't take it. MY HEALTH IS NOT A GAME. IT'S A SERIOUS MATTER AND I DON'T BELIEVE I WAS EVER TAKEN SERIOUSLY. If I had taken this medication, there is a very good chance that I would've ended up in the hospital. I'm frustrated with him and I'm moving on. Enough said. Only positive was that the nurses do call back within a day and they seemed to care.

Posted on May 15th, 2011

Office staff was unhelpful before and after the procedure.

Posted on July 31st, 2017