Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles E Afeman MD
Dr. Charles E Afeman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA. He has 58 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Afeman is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center, Baton Rouge General Medical Center and Our Lady Of The Lake Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Charles E Afeman has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Charles E Afeman has the following 11 expertise
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Lasik Surgery
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
Dr. Afeman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
58 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1960
Healthone Corporate Health Services
Dr. Charles E Afeman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEYE MEDICAL CENTER, 7777 Hennessy Blvd Ste 4000, Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Charles E Afeman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.