Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles A Albers has the following 1 specialty
- Breast Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Albers has a deep passion for women who are afflicted with breast cancer. He treated me as an individual with my own set of concerns taken to heart. He seemed to be as compassionate for me as if I were his own relative and took the time to answer all of my questions and to reassure me if I expressed any fears. Other than having an incision, I couldn't even tell by looking at my breast that I had surgery. There was no deformity in the appearance of my breast. The day following surgery, he called me personally after his staff had left the office and told me the results of my pathology and was genuinely concerned about my post operative results.
I cannot recommend this doctor. I was pushed into surgery by him and his nurse navigator. He is supposed to be a breast specialist. I gave my permission for only a lumpectomy and a sentinel lymph node biopsy. I woke up when he leaned over my bed and said in a very loud voice, "the sentinel node was positive." He turned and walked away. I was left wondering what that meant. When I tried to get my arm unwrapped from the sheet a nurse came in an said, "don't pull the drain out!" I didn't know I had a drain. I found out weeks later from another doctor that I had had an axillary dissection! He never told me that he did that. I got an infection that lasted 6 - 7 weeks. He was on vacation. Then I had a large seroma in the breast at the primary site. I live with the fear that I will wake up with lymphedema. I can never fly again. This doctor's bedside manner is nonexistent. He gives me about three minutes of his time at an appointment. He only works one day per week at the office. He doesn't want to answer my questions. He finally admitted that the numbness in my arm is "probably" permanent. I will not be going back to see him again.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Albers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Charles A Albers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCharles Allen Albers Md, 1027 Fleming St, Hendersonville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles A Albers in this video.
Dr. Charles A Albers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hendersonville, NC.