Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles A Amenta III has the following 1 specialty
- Plastic Surgery within the Head & Neck
Dr. Charles A Amenta III has the following 16 expertise
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Nasal Polyps
- Facial Pain
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Hearing Disorders
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Oophoritis (Ovary inflammation)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Dr. Charles A Amenta III has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Amenta is explains clearly so you understand what is going on. He is patient and takes the time needed to make sure you understand. He is promptly on time and will stay after work hours if I still have questions after my initial visit. He is very dependable and easy to speak with. Great Great Doctor.
I discovered Dr. Amenta while I was on a quest to find a less painful tonsillectomy. You see, about a year ago, I went to Northwestern Hospital and the Ear, Nose, and Throat Dr. confirmed I had chronic tonsil infections and that I would qualify for tonsil removal surgery. However, the ENT Dr. also said that a tonsillectomy is rated as one of the most painful surgeries and recoveries of all, as painful as open-heart surgery. Whether true or not, it scared me from having the surgery that I needed to have happen done. I just ignored my problem due to being scared of a painful surgery and recovery. Alas, Dr. Amenta to the rescue!!! I Googled "less painful tonsillectomy" and his name came up. Dr. Amenta uses a less invasive new technology called tissue welding. I had a consult with him, and was immediately put at ease by his intelligent and kind presence, and had the surgery a week later. Within 10 days, I was able to go back to work and within 14, was basically fully-recovered and feeling wonderful. Dr. Amenta, located in the south suburbs, is 100% worth the visit and drive from Chicago. Please do yourself a favor and if you are in need of a tonsillectomy, please see Dr. Amenta. With the technology he uses, you will be in less pain. Also, his skill, knowledge and bedside manner is truly respectable and responsible. Tip: Days 5, 6, and 7 (of all tonsillectomies) are tough. If you accidentally tear a scab off (by letting it dry out or eating a rough food), it will hurt. I found that peppermint tea and alcohol-free Biotene mouthwash helped sooth my throat a bit.
Dr . Amenta is my father's ENT physician. My father feels very comfortable being his patient. I had a question regarding my fathers most recent visit and Dr. Amenta was quick to call me back and answer my questions in detail. He also informed me I can page him anytime if I had any further questions. It's comforting to know a specialist can be easily approached and accessible to the patient and family.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Charles A Amenta III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdvocate South Suburban Health Partners, 18161 Morris Ave Ste 105, Homewood, IL
Dr. Charles A Amenta III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Homewood, IL.