Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles I Austin
Dr. Charles I Austin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in McAllen, TX, with another office in McAllen, TX. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles I Austin has 2 locations
205 E Toronto Ave
McAllen, TX 78503
205 E Toronto Ave
McAllen, TX 78503
Book Online Now
Dr. Charles I Austin has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Charles I Austin has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Charles I Austin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles I Austin - Posted on October 8th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles I Austin - Posted on March 10th, 2010
Dr. Austin is an awesome physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles I Austin - Posted on March 8th, 2010
Takes his time to see you, answers questions doesn't make you feel rushed. His bed side manner is great, your not just another number, your a patient, something that I think is extremely hard to find now. Has a new office so the wait time is a little longer then usual but not to bad, I've waited longer. Plus he is worth the wait.
39 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1979
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Charles I Austin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Charles I Austin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near McAllen, TX.