Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles V Barrett
Dr. Charles V Barrett, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Dover, OH. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Barrett is affiliated with Union Hospital and Western Reserve Hospital. Dr. Barrett has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles V Barrett has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Charles V Barrett has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Back Pain
Dr. Charles V Barrett is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I have been a patient of Dr. Barretts since 1998. He has always treated me with respect, answered any questions I had and explained in detail everything. His staff has always been pleasant. Yes it does take a while to get in to see him especially new patients, but worth the wIt for the expertice you are getting.
I have been a patient of Dr.Barrett for about 7yrs and I am very pleased with all the treatment I have received. Dr. Barrett and his assistant Jim are not only very knowledgeable but they have great bedside manner, take the time not only to listen to any health problems/questions but also a genuine interest in you as a person. The staff are pleasant and helpful in any way they can be. I would highly recommend Dr. Barrett and his staff/office to anybody in need of pain management specialist with great personalities that treat you as a person not just as a patient and a paycheckðð
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Barrett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Charles V Barrett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare ExchangeProviders
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCharles Van Barrett Do, 659 Boulevard St, Dover, OH
Dr. Charles V Barrett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dover, OH.