Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles A Boucher
Dr. Charles A Boucher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Boucher is affiliated with Miriam Hospital, Emerson Hospital and Metrowest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital. Dr. Boucher has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles A Boucher has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Charles A Boucher has the following 14 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
Dr. Charles A Boucher is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Boucher took care of my father for 13 years. He was his clinical cardiologist for his bypass surgery, and continued to monitor his progress through additional surgeries at MGH. By far, he is the most caring physician I have ever known. His interest in his patients is outstanding. Unfortunately, my father has passed away, but I credit Dr. Boucher with giving my father 13 quality years. My family will always be thankful for his kindness and expertise.
I have been a patient of Dr. Boucher's for 15 years now. During these years, Dr. Boucher has gone above and beyond the call of duty on several occasions. He is kind and caring and more importantly, he consistently follows up to close any loose ends. During a cardiac surgical stay, he visited with me daily (he's not a surgeon), and also communicated by phone to my PCP daily, providing real-time updates (who does this these days??). During a recent abdominal surgery, Dr. Boucher again made the rounds by visiting me regularly; I say him much more than the surgeon. Following appointments with Dr. Boucher, he consistently provides information, follows-up with testing results as soon as they are received; even if it means personal calls into the evening. I am so very fortunate to have found Dr. Boucher. It's so unusual to find such a genuious person today, let alone a physician.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Boucher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1972
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Charles A Boucher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMassachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA
Dr. Charles A Boucher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.