Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles W Bounds has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Diabetes Complications
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I don't trust doctors. I've always had bad experiences with them. My son and I almost died because the doctors wouldn't listen to me (while I was pregnant). So it takes A LOT for me to trust a doctor. Not only is he a great doctor, his bedside manner is amazing. He understands that I have anxiety and knows how to make me feel comfortable coming to the office. Really just a great human being in general. Would recommend him to anyone and everyone.
Dr. Bounds has been my family doctor for 19 years. He is also my husband's family doctor and until her death at age 92, my mother's doctor. He is an excellent doctor and diagnostician. He never rushes me out of his office to see the next patient and "listens" to whatever health problems I have. When my mother came to live with us and had alzheimers disease, he took her on as a patient also. I was very impressed with his "bedside manner" with her. We couldn't be more pleased with him as our family doctor. Both my husband and I have seen most of the other doctors in the group from time to time and all of them have been very good , too.
Dr. Bounds is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Charles W Bounds accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeurology Centers Of Carolinas, 460 Langdon St, Spartanburg, SC
Dr. Charles W Bounds is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spartanburg, SC.