Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles F Carey has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 5
Dr Carey was very considerate regarding our elderly hard-of-hearing father, in the respect he spoke very loud and clear, making sure our father heard him and understood. We had a list of questions which he answered with great specificity and even ran an EKG to answer the one question with the most current data. He seemed genuinely concerned and did not rush through our visit. This was our second visit with the Dr.
Dr Charles Carey was very uncompassionate to my 78 year old mother's feelings when he diagnosed her with Heart Failure. He didn't take much time with her while she was in the hospital to answer her questions. The family was present and we were shocked to find out from him that she only had less then a year to live, however he was very impatient with her and the family's questions after the shocking prognosis. In general, the impression that we got was that he felt that she was just an old lady that had lived long enough and she was just a waste of HIS time. VERY POOR BEDSIDE MANNERS AND WE WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. DR C. CAREY NEEDS TO LEARN THAT ELDERLY PEOPLE HAVE FEELINGS AND HE SHOULD GIVE THEM INCOURAGEMENT, NOT HURT THEIR FEELINGS AS IF THEY ARE JUST A WASTE OF TIME AND SPACE. Our family will never forget his poor attitude during an extremely devastating time of our life. We loved our mother dearly and the thought of him makes me sick to my stomach.
27 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Charles F Carey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHeart Specialty Associates, 10012 Kennerly Rd Ste 300, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles F Carey in this video.
Dr. Charles F Carey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.