Dr. Charles E Castillo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles E Castillo?

Excellent Surgeon

Dr. Castillo is very professional, considerate and caring. His communication style is very down to earth and he listens to patient concerns. I saw Dr. Castillo for a right inguinal hernia and he found I had a recurrent left inguinal hernia as well. He performed surgery on both in December of 2017, assisted by his PA Joni. Both showed great bedside manner during the entire process, ensured that I was comfortable with every step of the surgery and post-op instructions. His entire staff showed great concern for my condition and called post-op to see how I was doing. I highly recommend Dr. Castillo and have referred several family members and friends to his office.

Poor Service

I completed all paperwork several days before the appointment I arrived at 10 minutes to 10am. I was treated like I was a bother from the moment I checked in. After waiting more than an hour and fifteen minutes i asked the receptionist if the doctor was back up. She lied and told me no and he would see me soon. Then after another 5 minutes they called me back to small room and left me there for 20. I finally left after more than an hour and a half.

Going gets tough and Castillo gives up.......

Dr. Castillo starts off all smiles and pleasant when you first meet him. This is all a front. I had a recurrent Ventral Hernia he repaired in October of 2016. It is not even a year later and the whole problem has come full circle. He is extremely non-cooperative towards difficult issues and problems he in variably is responsible for regarding post-surgical complications and need for additional surgical intervention. My first hernia repair lasted 13 years. Castillo's lasted barely 11 months. His PA is worse than he is when it comes to patient interaction. This person is the most unconcerned arrogant and obtuse person I’ve encountered in medicine. Unfortunately, I have had much experience with medical providers given my health issues. She should not be in medicine. She is offensive and actually takes offense to questions being asked as if one shouldn't be well informed as to one’s medical problems. She acts as if whatever she conveys, which is little of anything, should be accepted without question or discussion. Having to deal with a serious medical ailment is a terribly stressful thing. Add to that medical practitioners like Castillo and his PA and the anxiety and uncertainty about getting better is amplified exponentially. No one should have to have this compounded feeling of what is going to happen to them, will I ever get better and why am I not being helped because of medical people like these two unconcerned and disconnected providers. Lastly, they operate only on Fridays and it’s a marathon. They schedule way too many surgical procedures for one day. As many as 12 individual surgeries in one day. This greatly compromises the quality of surgery and in turn causes serious and devastating problems such as what I am now having to deal with again affecting the quality of my life, monopolizing my time, and leaving me hopeless and despondent because of their gross negligence.

Highly recommend

Dr. Castillo and his staff, Joni, Lisa and Elizabeth are courteous, kind and caring. They have concern for my total well-being. He is an outstanding person and surgeon who spends time with me, making sure that I understand. His bedside manner is calming and encouraging. The parathyroid gland surgery gave me a "new life" free from fatigue, joint aches, brain "fog" and high calcium in my blood. I have been blessed with Dr. Castillo as my surgeon and highly satisfied with him and his staff.

Good natured and best doctor. Knows what's best for his patient's. Office staff were all professionals and accommodating.

Amazinggggg!!!

Dr.Castillo Is one of The best doctors I've ever met!! I recommend him 100%. When my mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer Dr.Castillo gave my mom all the support and trust she needed to fight cancer. His staff is amazing as well. I am speechless with how amazing him and his staff is.

Dr Charles is a great person to have on your team.

The Best. Highly Recommended.

Dr. Castillo and his staff are superb; skilled, knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. Dr. Castillo is wonderfully kind and caring. If you want minimally invasive parathyroid surgery then you want Dr. Castillo. Amazingly small inch surgery. If you follow instructions the scar will fade away to nothing, in no time. I highly recommend Dr. Castillo.

BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!

Dr. Castillo has the best bedside manner I have ever experienced from ANY doctor I have ever been to! He explained everything about my surgery (gallbladder) to me and made sure I understood everything! He is kind and caring. I completely trust him...I would even let him pull my teeth out before going to a dentist I was uncomfortable with...HE IS THAT GOOD! Look NO FURTHER for a surgeon. Dr. Castillo is one of a kind! For some reason, this site would not let me choose the "four star" opinion for Dr. Castillo, but that's okay because I would have rather been able to give him 1000 stars!

Dr. Charles E Castillo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.