The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles D Collins has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
- Liver Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Breast Diseases
Showing 2 of 2
44 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Charles D Collins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGeneral Surgery Associates, 2530 S Telshor Blvd Ste 103, Las Cruces, NM
Dr. Charles D Collins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Cruces, NM.