Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles R Ducombs has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Charles R Ducombs has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Charles R Ducombs has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. DuCombs is the best doctor ever. He is kind, considerate, extremely knowledgeable and cares a great deal about his patients. He diagnosed by husband's brain bleed despite a missed diagnosis in the ED because he knew my husband did not have high blood pressure and no history of headaches. He is also my personal physician and is always willing to answer all my questions and explain the treatments he is giving. We are very grateful to have him as our doctor.
Dr. Ducombs is extremely rude and condescending. He is in and out of the room in 5 minutes or less, does not allow you the time to explain your symptoms, makes snarky remarks about your knowledge of your condition, does not explain anything to you, and leaves the room abruptly without telling you the visit has concluded. His staff is rude and lazy. His medical assistant can't take an accurate heart rate, and documents that it is normal when it is dangerously high, just so she doesn't have to be bothered by your emergency....she just ignores it and pretends it's normal. Wait times can be astronomical as the scheduler double books the doctors, even when only one is working that day. Prepare to wait for hours. Or just choose another doctor, most have polite staff who are trained well, and most doctors are kind and want to help people, they are not suffering from a God complex like this smarmy creep.
20 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1998
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Dr. Charles R Ducombs accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles R Ducombs in this video.
Dr. Charles R Ducombs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hammond, LA.