Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles E Smith has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Suffering chronic pain, Dr. Smith placed my first (of many) spinal stimulators over ten years ago. While under his care, I suffered little, as he provided the utmost pain relief since it had begun. When the military caused a move, the original stimulator was replaced soon thereafter due to problems- and never was the result the same, eventually being removed. Since, Ive been unable to locate anyone to manage my care or, overall pain control in the manner as he did, and its since been all-but unbearable most often. Moreover, Ive not even once-- found a single doctor (pain or otherwise) as willing to listen (merely listen) to me, or treat me with a similar respect. Now, as Im quite sick, suffering intensely, I wish only that our medical world might offer some day/ provide everyone caring doctors such as the Dr. Smith I recall from Brook Army Medical Center during my time there in 1998/ 99.
21 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Charles E Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBrooke Army Medical Center, 3551 Roger Brooke Dr Bldg 3600, Jbsa Ft Sam Houston, TX
Dr. Charles E Smith is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Jbsa Ft Sam Houston, TX.