Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Charles Finne III
Dr. Charles Finne III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Colon and Rectal Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Finne is affiliated with Childrens Hospital - Minneapolis, Fairview Southdale Hospital and Mercy Hospital-Unity. Dr. Finne has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles Finne III has the following 2 specialties
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Colorectal surgeons are doctors who perform surgery in order to correct problems with the anus, rectum or colon. These physicians perform colonoscopies, and other diagnostic procedures, in order to identify any issues that require surgical intervention. They then determine what type of surgical procedure would be best. The specialists also care for these patients post-operation to ensure proper healing and recovery.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Charles Finne III has the following 13 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel Resection
- Colon Cancer
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Cancer
- Rectal Pain
Dr. Charles Finne III has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Charles Finne III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 9
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Finne is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fairview Southdale Hospital
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
Fairview Ridges Hospital
North Memorial Medical Center
Abbott - Northwestern Hospital Inc
Mercy Hospital An Allina Facility
Hennepin County Medical Center
St Francis Regional Medical Center
45 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Virginia Mason Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Charles Finne III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Medica Fairview and N Memorial Vantage
- Medica Ridgeview Comm Network
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCOLON AND RECTAL SURGERY ASSOCIATES, 2800 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles Finne III, MD - Colon and Rectal Surgery in Minneapolis, MN, in this video.
Dr. Charles Finne III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.