The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles Fiske
Dr. Charles Fiske, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA, with another office in Oakland, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Radiation Oncology and Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Fiske is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus, St. Rose Hospital and John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles Fiske has the following 2 specialties
- Radiation Oncology
A radiation oncologist is a physician who specializes in the use of nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating cancer in a patient.
These doctors work in concert with other cancer specialists in order to determine the best form of treatment for a specific patient. Radiation oncologists are in charge of determining the correct dose of radiation to be used in treatments like radiotherapy and chemotherapy, as well as the appropriate amount of time that radiation should be administered in order to maximize the therapeutic benefits.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Fiske is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus
St. Rose Hospital
John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
San Ramon Regional Medical Center
Alta Bates Medical Summit Center - Herrick Campus
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
California Pacific Medical Center-St Lukes Campus
Summit Medical Center
Alta Bates Medical Group
John Muir Med Center Walnut Creek Campus
37 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Charles Fiske accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Charles Fiske is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.