Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles Folkestad
Dr. Charles Folkestad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glenwood City, WI. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Folkestad is affiliated with Cannon Falls Community Hospital, Luther Midelfort Northland, Mayo Health System and Luther Midelfort Oakridge. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles Folkestad has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Folkestad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cannon Falls Community Hospital
Luther Midelfort Northland, Mayo Health System
Luther Midelfort Oakridge
Red Cedar Medical Center - Mayo Health System
Fairview Red Wing Medical Center
Fairmont Medical Center
Albert Lea Medical Center Mayo Health System
Waseca Medical Center-Mayo Health System
Austin Medical Center
Red Cedar Medical Center
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions219 E Oak St, Glenwood City, WI
Dr. Charles Folkestad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glenwood City, WI.