Dr. Charles Gay Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Charles Gay?

Please read on

Posted on May 22nd, 2011

I am taking my Daughter to this doctor.My first impression of him was that he was impatient but as the visit went on I came to realize he was getting the info he needed from us and was moving past the concerns we had that had nothing to do with seizure conditions.He gets to the point and I personally like that about him.Once we returned home with a diagonsis (grand mal and absences seizures)and medication, if we had any concern about meds and med side effects we would call the office.He would personally call us back within 15 minutes on more than one occasion.The phone conversations were the same as the office visit short and to the point and handled the problem.If you are looking for a doctor to talk to you for hours and be you best friend this is not the doctor for you.If you want one to do his job throughly, honestly and professonally I highly recommend him.

Posted on November 8th, 2010

We moved here from another state and I took my son to him and he tried to say he did not have epilepsy when a highly rated epileptologist had diagnosed him. He wanted to change my sons meds to medications that have more harmful side effects.

very upset

Posted on July 14th, 2010

When we took our grandson there to be diagnosed, it was awful. He sent us over for the test not explaining anything, then when we came back, he just blurted out this is what Nicholas had. Like we were supposed to know what all that meant. He did not go into explanation of what that meant, how it would affect our lives, what we needed to do from there. His demeanor was very unfriendly. Looking back on it now, I can not believe he is still practicing. What is the purpose of being called a doctor if you are not going to doctor. When we came back he asked us if we got Nicholas some help in development and we said we were hooked up with ECI and he proceeded to say that was not what he needed. He just cut us loose. With what my grandson has, he needs the care of a neurologist all of his life. He is the poorest excuse for a doctor that you can get. He had no time to spend with us...maybe that is why you get in on time, because he does not talk or spend time explaining things to you.It does not matter if you have all of the degrees, if you can not doctor people.

Staff is rude and does not disclose pertinent information.

Posted on March 15th, 2010

I have taken my daughter to Dr. Gays office three times. Each time the Dr is very short and has a condescending way of explaining the situation to you. I wasnt seeing any results taking my daughter there and when I went to get a second opinion with a different doctor, Dr Gay's staff removed my daughter from his patient list. I called to make an appt for my daughter and was told since I saw another Dr they removed my daughter from they're patient list. When I tried to explain the reason for the second opinion the office manager chuckled and said in a matter a fact tone it was there policy. I was never told there policy was to never seek a second opinion. I doubt I am the only parent that seeks second opinions when the doctors medication is obviously not working. I wouldnt recommend this doctor to anyone. I regret ever going to Dr. Gays office and I hope people reading this review will know not to go to Dr. Gays office for any so called treatment.

Posted on February 13th, 2009

Our only concern with this neurologist is that he's very short and doesn't like to spend any amount of time discussing a patient's specific situation/needs, delving into any research or attempting to investigate ongoing concerns. He's very defensive. He also doesn't take the time to ask about any related health issues or ask pointed questions about general health. If you don't bring it up (and most times parents won't KNOW whether or not something is important or not), that's your problem in his book.

Posted on April 13th, 2017