Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles W Heard Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Charles W Heard Jr has the following 16 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Charles W Heard Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Charles W Heard Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I have 2 arthritic knees that eventually will have to be replaced. I have a few other health challenges that contribute to my pain. Dr. Heard has always taken the time to listen to all my concerns before making an educated analysis on what I need to do to move forward. Most Dr.'s specialize in their little area and have no desire to hear any other long winded story about my health. He is a caring and compassionate Dr.
I would recommend Dr. Heard for any type of orthopedic issue. He did a total hip replacement on me seven weeks ago and I am walking without pain, without assistance. He explained everything to me, answered any questions I had and checked on me daily while I was in hospital. He is caring, kind and excellent at what he does.
Very pleased with out come and staff. However even though he is an excellent MD, tooo busy and feel he is rushing from room to room. Also noticed alot of upset patients in th waiting area when it was announced he was running late. One patient comment"what's new" to the office staff. Appearance and others patients attitude turned me off. Not sure I could recommend
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Heard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Charles W Heard Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBaker Heard Osteen & Davenport, 345 W Michigan St Ste 114, Orlando, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles W Heard Jr in this video.
Dr. Charles W Heard Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orlando, FL.