Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles G Herbst has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Charles G Herbst has the following 8 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Charles G Herbst has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
Me and my husband went here for the first time 3 months ago because I had an elevated ANA count and the Dr's in NY thought I had Lupus. My husband and I talked with this Dr and were pleased to find out that I probably have Psoriatic Arthritis. I am allergic to sulfur medicine so I was unable to take what is advertised on t.v. was prescribed a medicine and the swelling in my knee has gone down and am having little to no pain in it anymore. Love this Dr. Very nice and did listen to me and my husband and explained everything to us.
Flare up with RA, Changed meds that caused me to be so sick that I had to go to hospital with acute kidney failure. Was told by office to keep on the new meds, which made me sicker. Never called in a month to see how the new meds were helping me. No compassion for my health, which has to do with autoimmunity and/or RA. Very dissatisified with the whole ordeal, going to different doctor to try to get my health back.
Brought my records from my previous Dr. who found a remedy for my situation quickly. This Dr was unable/unwilling to review the information that I had to get because their office couldn't figure out how to obtain the records from another state. Three visits and still he can't figure it out. I have better things to waste my money on than poor service. And since this Dr was chosen for me, not by me their office policy is to not let you see anyone else in their office once you are saddled with a Dr who can't get the job done.
Dr. Herbst is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metrohealth Medical Center
Dr. Charles G Herbst accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsArthritis Associates, 3317 Liberty St, Erie, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles G Herbst in this video.
Dr. Charles G Herbst is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Erie, PA.