Dr. Charles Homra Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Charles Homra?

Billed $250 for a pointless visit

Posted on September 21st, 2017

Had a consultation with my physician and determined I needed an ultrasound. Was supposed to be seen for an ultrasound with this doctor and instead received a consultation, which resulted in an extra office visit and an additional $250 bill.

Bad Doctor

Posted on November 11th, 2016

Wrong diagnoses, wrong treatment and meds. Wife rushed to emergency room.

Never again!!

Posted on September 28th, 2016

My first encounter with Dr. Homra was in the Surgery Waiting Room at Baptist Downtown. He greeted me once the surgery was performed on my husband and updated me on the outcome. At that time he seemed to be caring and attentive. Weeks later, when we went back for a follow-up visit our experience couldn't been worse. He initially came in and said to my husband, "you remember me, it was a late night," and asked how he was doing. Once my husband told him, he was still feeling discomfort and had bled profusely, it started going down from there. First he corrected my husband on his interpretation on profusely, second, when my husband asked about when he should return to work, since the wound had not healed yet, his response was, "as far as I am concerned, you can slap a couple of 4 x 4s on it and return to work. He asked in a very cocky tone, "what do you need a month'," my husband said, "no I don't need a month", the doctor said, "well I'll give you a week and you come back and we'll go from there", and turned to walk out. As he was walking out of the door, my husband asked him about the antibiotics that he was out of and he told him, "you don't need them anymore", and left the room in such a rush, my husband didn't have the time to ask the questions he felt were pertinent. As we sat in the room in silence, waiting for the nurse to bring a return to work, my husband expressed to me that he didn't give me the opportunity to asked him everything I wanted to ask him. I felt so bad for my husband, because I witnessed the treatment of a doctor stereotyping a patient and minimizing their concerns. When the nurse returned, she gave my husband a return to work and explain the doctor will see you next Wednesday on the 5th. We were okay with that, as we were walking out of the office, my husband saw the doctor and said I have a question, his response was, "another one," we were literally standing in the hallway with others standing around as my husband tried to whisper a very private situation to him, no privacy or confidentially there. I walked off a little because I could feel the discomfort and shame of husband. This doctor is truly in it for the money, unprofessional and cocky at its best. As far as another visit that will allow your office to bill his insurance company, NO THANKS, we have had enough. You also may want to look into training the young man who took my husband's blood pressure, he told him it was 145 over 85. Not so, my husband, knowing his history, told him to check it again because he has high blood pressure. He did and said, oh I didn't press it enough the first time.

Posted on July 28th, 2016

The Doctor is okay. The practice front desk and remote appointment staff are, frankly, quite cold-hearted and uncaring. Was told by an urgent care clinic to see "my" urologist without delay. However, these SOBs could care less about pain, discomfort, etc. Wanted me to wait for "first available"... ore than 30 days off. Steel responses from staff.... not the first time from these heartless folks, but the last for sure.

Posted on July 8th, 2016

The best Dr ever I would refer him to anyone . I saw him in the Hospital on Saturday morning he did Surgery that afternoon took very good Care of me .

Very arrogant doctor

Posted on March 11th, 2016

I never have a argument with a doctor. The only reason I had appointment with is because the other doctor didn't specialize in TRT. This guy will talk over you and not even listen to what your going through. Very cocky and egoistic personality. If you want a doctor that cares about your well being, he isnt the one. This guy even said he can't prescribe hcg because illegal. If you want to be on TRT he isnt the one for you.

You're Fired!

Posted on June 16th, 2015

Visited the doctor today as part of my cancer treatment. During the interview about my concerns, I expressed my feeling that, after my recent procedure, I did not feel my bladder was emptying. A scan confirmed it. His response? Double my mess that I am currently taking. When I asked about a prescription for such, he told me to call him when I was about to run out. Really? I am sitting right in front of you! How unprofessional and uncaring! I will follow his advice but my three month follow up will be with a different doctor. You, Dr. Homra, are fired from my care team!

Run, Don't Walk

Posted on June 9th, 2015

I came to the doctor after being recommended by my primary care physician. At first, I was well taken care of for my biopsy but from there, things went downhill. You cannot get anyone to answer the phone or get calls returned promptly. Insurance papers for scans and exams were incomplete causing scheduling nightmares. I had a surgical procedure in May and when I called about a follow up appointment, I was told none was needed. Today, I visited my oncologist who asked when my follow up took place and was stunned to find out one never took place. Horrible service to patients and follow up non-existent. I am now, in the middle of treatment, looking for a new specialist.

Posted on January 14th, 2015

horrible rude jerk!

meanest rudest dr. ever

Posted on December 29th, 2014

Biggest jerk on the planet! Does not like to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Very unprofessional and rude. I was already terrified and he was so rude right before I was put under for my procedure. Run away! I have never been treated so poorly by a doctor in my life! He kept threatening to just take my stent out after I told him something was wrong. He would not even look at my stent to see if there was a problem. Guess what ...a week later I ended up in the ER and had to have emergency surgery to get new stent. The old sent was blocking my urinary tract. He kept saying how about I just take the stent out and you then can't pee. Is that what you want? I asked him if my stent had a string and he freaked out and said.. what do you want to know the make and model and manufacturer of the stent. I think he needs to find a new profession. He obviously hates people.

great doctor

Posted on August 14th, 2014

Saw the doctor for 2 different issues. He dealt with both of them efficiently. I was given the options for my treatment with explanations that I could understand. I appreciate a doctor who takes the time to listen to me.

RUN and find another doctor!

Posted on April 27th, 2014

Very unprofessional. He is a jerk!