Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles Hurwitz has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 18
Avoid this GI Dr at all cost. He is a liar. Got my records from him today. He noted a thorough exam of me and he NEVER touched me during my visit. He sat in a chair along with myself. No chart. And was writing notes on a napkin. Says in his report I stated I see a comp Dr for care which is untrue! I have never seen a comp dr and have had the same family dr for years. He appears to pull info out of his butt I guess. Never met a more unprofessional Dr in my lifetime. He is an old miserable geezer who need to retire and not handle patient care! Especially if he notes things that were never said or done.
Dr. Hurwitz performed an endoscopy and a colonoscopy on me and diagnosed me with bleeding gastric ulcers and the H-Pylori bacterial infection. After I finished the antibiotic treatment, I returned to him for my follow up visit. He had my file in front of him, which remained CLOSED while he proceeded to ask me what brought me there. I found it odd that I had to fill him in on the procedures and treatment he provided me just a month before. I then told him that the pain hadn't gone away and asked about the breath test available to ensure the H-Pylori was cured. He laughed and said there was no such test and that he would do another endoscopy. When I mentioned that I read there was a simple breath test that took only minutes to complete, he started laughing and opened the cabinet doors saying, "Do you see any test like that here? Never heard of it. Maybe you could find something like that at one of those fancy city hospitals, but I doubt it." I then went to my primary doctor who ordered the routine test from Quest and did it in her office in 5 minutes. Ridiculous that this doctor was so arrogant, ill informed and that he tried to act like I was the CRAZY one! He would have performed an invasive, expensive, less accurate test if I let him. I would NOT recommend him or his partner Dr. Seedor.
Dr. Hurwitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Charles Hurwitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCharles Hurwitz Do, 204 E Chester Pike, Ridley Park, PA
Dr. Charles Hurwitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ridley Park, PA.