Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles J Dow has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Surgical Pathology
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
TERRIBLE DOCTOR, HORRIBLE STAFF. NOT PROMPT AT ALL. AND NEVER AROUND FOR EMERGENCIES.
One of the best medical experienceds I have ever had . This Harvard trained surgeon with 25 years of experience spent an hour explaining to my mother her heart condition, did her stent procedure himself, and saw her in the hospital every day. He then saw us in his private office right in the hospital.
Anybody who is fortunate enough to be treated by Dr. Dow in my opinion has to see him as the jewel in their crown and treasure such a compassionate and brilliant human being and brilliant doctor.Lois Titherington Yes, sometimes the wait is long because he is treating the most serious and needy patients first.His office is like Grand Central station!
Dr. Dow as a medical professional is very good at what he does. His office staff, or lack there of, is a different story. He has only 1 Office Manager/Secretary and she is not very efficient, calls back to patients do not get done, her lack of multi-tasking is comical at best. When waiting in the office to see the Dr. there will be a room full of patients and all she will do is complain out loud about everthing little thing. She has even yelled at the Dr. on many occassions. She is not very polite and seems to be very unhappy. Not the kind of impression I would want for my patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
31 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Charles J Dow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNew England Baptist Hospital, 125 Parker Hill Ave, Roxbury Crossing, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles J Dow in this video.
Dr. Charles J Dow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roxbury Crossing, MA.