Dr. Charles Matthews Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Matthews?

He saved my father's life.

Posted on November 22nd, 2017

When other doctors had given up on my father, Dr. Matthews knew he'd come out of the coma and told us how long it would take to regain consciousness. He was 100% on the mark. Had we listened to the other doctor's they would have taken him off the resuscitator and let him die. In my opinion Dr. Matthews is an amazing genius!

Posted on May 25th, 2016

Willing to look outside the box on treatment and always open to suggestions. Does not "give up" on tough cases which happens frequently with neurologists/headache specialists.

Wise and compassionate

Posted on August 12th, 2015

I have read the negative comments and, yes, Dr. Mathews did lose his license many years ago because he made a mistake, one he immediately addressed and rectified. If you want to see a perfect man, go elsewhere, and by the way, good luck in finding that person. If, however, you seek relief from headaches and want wise counsel, an accurate diagnosis, and compassionate care, go to Dr. Mathews. Not only is he a brilliant doctor, but he also cares deeply about his patients and makes decisions that include kindness and a clear desire to help his patients regain comfort. I suffered for years with dibilitating migraines. Dr. Mathews gave me back my life along with hope and relief from pain. For every person who has "cast a stone" at him, there are hundreds who looked to him for the best possible care. I recommend him with no reservations.

Fabulous Doctor-the best in the Triangle!

Posted on August 6th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Matthews since 2009, and he is by far the best doctor that I have ever seen! When I became his patient, I was suffering from chronic daily migraines amongst many other medical maladies, and he thoroughly looked at my past medical history, my current symptoms, did blood work (lots!), and came up with an accurate diagnosis that not only alleviated the daily headaches but treated most if not all of the other medical problems I was having as well! Instead of just trying to write prescription after prescription like many doctors in the area who I have had the misfortune of seeing, he actually takes the time to listen to my concerns and symptoms, so he can treat me in an individualized manner-what works for one patient does not always work for another, and he takes that into consideration. I love that he is open to natural treatments too. Most importantly, he is an expert in his field, and I always know that I am receiving quality care. He is compassionate, caring, and I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. I encourage all of my friends with headaches to see him!

WONDERFUL!!!

Posted on March 30th, 2015

Dr. Matthews is patient and very kind. His intelligence shines through when he speaks. My daughter's migranes are so intense and we have been through so much and to so many doctors. Dr. Matthews had a diagnosis for us and is a very great listener.

Posted on February 23rd, 2015

Dr. Matthews diagnosed me when others didnt, but I have never waited so long to be seen at every appointment in my life. Why have an appointment when walk ins go before you, or you wait over an hour to be seen? You have to cancel your whole afternoon as you can pretty much know you will be there all day every time.

Posted on May 13th, 2014

I have had chronic migraines since childhood. I truly thought there was nothing that could help me. When my migraines began to cause stroke like symptoms also called "complicated migraines," I was virtually unable to function, spending days at a time in bed. That's when I found Dr. Mathews. I had almost given up, but Dr. Mathews really listened and really understood my migraines. It's been two months since my last migraine and I still have trouble believing how much better I am. In the last 3 months I've had 1 migraine. After 30 years I've finally found some relief. I am so grateful.

Posted on July 24th, 2012

Dr. Matthews really cares about his patients. He does not have a number to contact after hours and I don't blame him Try the Emergency room if it's that bad

Good doctor to work with

Posted on April 20th, 2012

After having little luck with other doctors in getting help for my migraines, I was skeptical about going to another doctor. But Dr. Matthews was very patient and offered solutions that no one else had thought of. I still get the occasional migraine, but I have better medicine now for getting rid of it. I would highly recommend him.

Do NOT go to this doctor!

Posted on February 23rd, 2012

Please do not go to this doctor. I have personally suffered from his lack of both medical knowledge and lack of concern for his patient's welfare. He continually passes patients off to his Nurse Practitioner, who ends up changing your treatment plan, and who has admitted that Dr Mathews' medical notes are not BCBS complaint. His office staff is extremely unprofessional-they consistently lose important information and/or forget to do their job. There is no way to contact this office after hours (even for emergencies). In addition, he has been sanctioned and LOST his license for sleeping with two patients (information available on www.healthgrades.com). Please find another doctor, he is last person in the world who should be treating you.

good initially, but long-term he seemed to lose interest

Posted on February 20th, 2012

THE Gold Standard in Patient Care

Posted on January 29th, 2012

I have been to many Doctors overs the years for my chronic debilitating migraines, and have very high expectations when it comes to choosing a healthcare provider. Upon being referred to Dr. Matthews by my pharmacist, I was a bit hesitant to make an appointment with yet another neurologist, only go through the same battery of tests and treatment with no significant improvement. I cannot fully express how happy I am that I decided to seek care at the NC Comprehensive Headached Clinic. There is NO better Doctor than Dr. Matthews. His knowledge, skill, and level of compassion are unparalleled. He treats you as an individual and not a "set of symptoms". I will be forever grateful for the difference he has made in my everyday life.