The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles J Ryan has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Cancerous Tumor
Showing 5 of 6
Ignored radiologist's report showing evidence of brain tumor. Ignore my musband's complaint of numb chin--a marker for mets, easily googled. Ignored my husband's sudden 80 lb weight drop. My husband trusted him for many years and Ryan ultimately blew him off. Diagnosis of mets to brain made by ophthalmologist when my husband started to lose his vision. Ryan's response wasa confusing, "this rarely happens with prostate cancer and it's the third time this has happened to a patient of mine this year." Two weeks from dx to morgue. My guilt is not pushing for a second opinion because my husband really trusted Ryan. And it would have been a real kindness on Ryan's part if he'd contacted me, but he did not. I guess making a big reputation ironically leaves little time for the full consideration of the patient. Had he followed up, pursued the evidence presented to him, and cared about the obvious changes in my husband's case, a wonderful man might be alive today. In any event,I was unprepared for how reckless Ryan turned out to be, but even more shocked after knowing him for so long, by his basic lack of humanity.
22 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1996
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Charles J Ryan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion, 1600 Divisadero St, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles J Ryan in this video.
Dr. Charles J Ryan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.