Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles J Schwartz MD
Dr. Charles J Schwartz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Quincy, MA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schwartz is affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Milton and Quincy Mental Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles J Schwartz has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Charles J Schwartz has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles J Schwartz - Posted on February 9th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles J Schwartz - Posted on December 15th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles J Schwartz - Posted on October 16th, 2013
Not Mr Caring
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles J Schwartz - Posted on October 18th, 2011
A Wonderful Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles J Schwartz - Posted on October 20th, 2010
Dr. Schwartz is all a doctor should be: an excellent listener who never makes me feel as if I am wasting his time, yet who gives me all the time I need. He knows just what to do and is caring and kind at all times. I have never seen as well run a practice as his. I am completely satisfied with my Doctor.
Dr. Schwartz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Charles J Schwartz Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
More about Dr. Charles J Schwartz
Dr. Schwartz is board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology. He is a graduate of Downstate Medical Center.After finishing his internship and residency at the University of Oregon Medical Center, he completed a fellowship in gastroenterology at Beth Israel Hospital.
Locations & DirectionsGRANITE MEDICAL GROUP, 500 Congress St Ste 3A, Quincy, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles J Schwartz, MD - Gastroenterology in Quincy, MA, in this video.
Dr. Charles J Schwartz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Quincy, MA.