Dr. Charles A Joyner Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Charles A Joyner?

TAKE A NUMBER.

YOU ARE A NUMBER NOT A PATIENT. HE RUNS HIS SHOW LIKE A MASH UNIT, HE IS OVER LOADED OR JUST A VERY RUDE PERSON. WORST EXPERINCE I HAVE EVER HAD WITH A DR,THE PROCEDURE HE DID HELP. BUT HE HIS UNAVALABLE MOST OF TIME FOR QUEATIONS, HE MADE ME CRY,

Combative

Dr. Joyner performed an ablation procedure on me. During the procedure my phrenic nerve was damaged resulting in the paralysis of one side of my diaphragm. When Dr. Joyner came to my post op room he told me what happened and only commented that it had never happened to him before. It didn't happen to him, it happened to me! He made no statement to me about what could be done. On two occasions following this I asked for a referral to a pulmonary specialist but he declined to give a referral. Two weeks after the procedure I began having heavy pic's. I asked him if he could do an ablation to correct them and he told me he would never operate on me again because I was too much trouble post op. Prior to the procedure I was very active and had a north life. Now I live a highly incapacitated life.

If you have questions about your condition, he will not answer them..

Great Doctor

Dr. Joyner is very thorough and never seems rushed during visits - even if he had unexpected surgery that day and is running behind. He did a great job on my ablation procedure. I highly recommend him !

Seek help elsewhere

Dr. Joyner was no help to me. I had to go to another doctor to get the help I needed.

My experience was that he was likely quite good and thorough in performing the catheter ablation itself. I was AFIB-free for over a year afterwards and I was probably a tough case due to an enlarged left-side heart. However I had to return to the hospital 36 hours after the atrial ablation with what I learned several months later was post-procedure Congestive Heart Failure, which has about a 3%-5% rate from atrial ablations and would have been his first recorded instance of that. He denied it was CHF, blamed it on 'unrelated pleurisy', and told me to see a pulmonologist. I believed him then but I think now he preferred to avoid having such a negative 'complication' show up on his record for the first time. I suffered for several months. He became increasingly unavailable and never acknowledged my problem. I got knowledge and help from other Doctors to get through it.