Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles Katzenberg
Dr. Charles Katzenberg, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ, with another office in Tucson, AZ. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Katzenberg is affiliated with Tucson Medical Center, Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital and Northwest Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles Katzenberg has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Every year I have to submit a series of heart studies to the FAA to keep my pilot's license. Dr. K was helpful, accommodating and very professional. I positively recommend this doc, plus the equipment in his office was state of the art. I get accurate readings which are important to the FAA.
Dr. Katzenberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Tucson Heart Hospital
Carondelet Heart and Vascular Institute
El Dorado Hospital
Carondelet St Mary's Hospital
Holy Cross Hospital
Carondelet St Joseph's Hospital Tucson
40 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Charles Katzenberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles Katzenberg in this video.
Dr. Charles Katzenberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.