Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles E Littlejohn
Dr. Charles E Littlejohn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stamford, CT, with another office in Stamford, CT. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Colon & Rectal Surgery. Dr. Littlejohn is affiliated with Stamford Hospital. Dr. Littlejohn has received 6 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles E Littlejohn has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Charles E Littlejohn has the following 11 expertise
- Rectal Bleeding
- Bowel Resection
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Abdominal Pain
- Rectal Pain
Showing 5 of 50
Dr. littlejohn performed surgery on me in 1993, I was getting pressure from family,and friends to choose a doctor with more experience. I had narrowed it down to littlejohn and another doctor with more surgeries under his belt. I was in the hospital for quite sometime in an attempt to stop bleeding through iv steroids. I used the time to pick the brains of the nurses and although they had nothing bad or great to say about the other doctor ,they raved about littlejohn. This info combined with his willingness to answer all questions, his confidence, and his unblemished success record [I believe 23 in a row at the time] swayed me. I made the right decision. Since 1993 ive have met other people who have had the same surgery and they ALL have issues that I don't have to deal with. Bottom line is this guy is the best, has his ego in check, is confident and highly skilled
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Littlejohn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Dartmouth Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Charles E Littlejohn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles E Littlejohn in this video.
Dr. Charles E Littlejohn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stamford, CT.