Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles M Farber
Dr. Charles M Farber, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Morristown, NJ. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Farber is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital. Dr. Farber has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles M Farber has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Colon Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Farber's a VERY nice person, but he was a terrible doctor for my mother, I'm guessing because she was old (87) & refused his standard protocol (chemo). He showed no expertise or interest in her pain management or problems with dehydration. Thank goodness for the nursing staff and eventual transfer to Hospice care!!
So very educated and smart, and such a nice, kind person too. I always felt confident in everything he was doing for me and that I would live through the experience....and if I did not, I knew he would do everything possible to help me and make me comfortable. He is BRILLIANT and I have to say this too....He is very, very cute and handsome too! One more thing....he was always totally accessible should I have needed him!
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2011, 2016, 2009, 2010, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Farber is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Charles M Farber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMorristown Medical Center, 100 Madison Ave, Morristown, NJ
Dr. Charles M Farber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, NJ.