Dr. Charles Katz Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Charles Katz?

Patient years ago

Posted on October 24th, 2017

Saved my life! Was treated wonderful, have been type1 for 42 years. Helped me after 2 year struggle.

find another doctor!

Posted on January 19th, 2016

Dr. Katz is an arrogant, methodical, smug, kind of doctor with no patient bedside manner. He gets offended when as a patient you dare ask him about your care. I once asked him for a copy of the lab report he had done at my last visit. He asked me why I wanted it, he said "I had that report done for me, not for you, you don't understand it. No, I'm not giving it to you." Can you believe it? I paid for it, and he would not take the time to even go over it with me. It was at that time, I understood that we were not working together to improve my health. I found another doctor.

Wish I had never gone to him

Posted on July 26th, 2014

In 2005 I began having high heart rate and heart palpatations. I thought it was a heart problem. After a heart catherization it was determined my heart was fine but I had a thyroid problem, hyperthyroidism. The doctor assigned to me at the hospital was Dr. Katz. We had a brief conversation in the hospital and he scheduled me for an appointment at his office. In the meantime I did a little research on hyperthyroidism. When I met with him I asked if I was going to have the radioactive treatment. He bristled, saying no, not for least a year to see if my tsh levels normalized from medication. The next appointment, about a month or two later he said I am scheduling you for radioactive treatment, I said, you said you would wait a year, to which he said, no I didn't. So I had the treatment. He said I would not feel the effects of the treatment for a couple of months, Within one month I could not get off the couch. I called, he said it must be something else I shouldn't feel the affects that soon. I went to my regular doctor, he did a blood test and my tsh scores were off the chart, he said he had never seen anyone with a tsh score so high and immediately put me on a large dose of synthroid. I never went back to Dr. Katz. A few years later I requested my records and were shocked to see that at the time he told me to have the radioactive treatment, my thyroid levels were normal. Now, in 2014, I continue to take medication with all its problems and wonder why I didn't get a second opinion.

great care doctor

Posted on November 25th, 2013

i was so impressed with dr charles katz..he was so though in his exam and conference with me...his office is comfortable...and i am so happy that he is helping me with my health problems. i believe in him.

Causing me to feel like there was hope for my diabetes.

Posted on April 26th, 2012

Initially, I thought his bedside manner was abrupt and that he was showing very little interest in me because he had a direct and no nonsence attitude but he examined me more thoroughly than I had ever been in the 10 yrs of treatment with other endocrinologists. He seemed to know exactly what meds would work with my body and I am pleased to say that in just one week of his visit, my glucose numbers are drastically better, the frustration is leaving me, and I am excited because I believe I will have a good weight loss upon my next visit. I also didn't get the feeling that he was pushing any particular medication or insulin - as I had with other endocrinologist. After just one appointment - I am completely satisfied!

Posted on November 19th, 2011

played around with my insulin intake for over a year. should have been on a pump. no mention of diabetes education. I was hospitalized with DKA and he never called to see what my follow up care should be or to see how I was doing.

Love this office

Posted on May 14th, 2011

This is a great office. Usually have to wait months for an appointment for speciality docs and I got in before 3 months. Pleasent front office staff and doctor. Just remember you have to give new medicine time to work and be honest if it is not working to get better.

Posted on April 27th, 2011

The reception in this office is atrocious. The doctor himself does not spend time with you. I feel he just goes through the motions. I agree wholeheartedly with the woman who said he was smug and did not listen to her. That is why I am leaving his office. He and my family doctor do not work together. When the family doctor took a blood sample and told me to take something else for awhile he actually got irate and told me that if he was taking care of me then he was taking care of me. I did not appreciate that.

Hospital Patient-Andrea

Posted on June 30th, 2010

I would not recommend Dr.Katz to a fly on the wall!! He was in my hospital room for literally 5 minutes. He was completely smug and self-absorbed and acted as if he didnt want to be there. Then the MD and Resident for Endocrinology did all of the work. His name is Dr. Dana Houser and is absolutely amazing. He actually cared about my health and ordered every test to find out what was actually wrong. Dr.Katz had me on the wrong medicine for over a year and then billed me $250.00 for that 5 minute hospital visit in which he did nothing. Do not go to this doctor if you want the correct diagnoses and don't want to be put on the wrong medication. So, your health does not get any worse then it already is.

Posted on November 12th, 2011