Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles G Maker has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Voice Disorders
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 27
If you value your life, or the life of a loved one you better find another MD. He is not one to order tests. Most times he treats symptoms only instead of finding the cause of a medical problem. He will say it could be this or that and will give you a script. You visit with him will not last more than 5 minutes. How he got a license to practice medicine is beyond me. I will say he is very good at misdiagnosing. Best move I ever made was to get away from him. I would have been dead today had I listened to him.
This dude should be brought up on charges. My brother went to him because he had a lump on his neck and this quack said it was a infected gland in his neck and put him on AB. Luckily he went to Boston for 2nd opinion and they said he had stage 4 cancer in his neck and needed surgery immediately . Today is is very healthy with absolutely no thanks to this criminal. He should be barred. I hated to give him one star. Maybe if we are lucky someone will sue him for malpractice. I dumped him right after this incident. Consider yourself warned and use this dude at your own risk.
Dr. Maker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Boston City Hospital
Dr. Charles G Maker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSmg Bridgewater Internal Medicine, 312 Bedford St, Whitman, MA
Dr. Charles G Maker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whitman, MA.