Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles W Mayo II has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Charles W Mayo II has the following 14 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Charles W Mayo II has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
He has shown dedication above and beyond to helping me learn, detect triggers and teach me how to live with bipolar disorder.
My son saw him many years ago when he got a serious skin infection he was working with an HMO at the time and had superb bedside manor and sent my son to childrens hospital . Scott was there for 4 days in isolation as it was a very infected. He was very kind to my son and even now , many years later I will never forget how safe he made my son feel.
I was treated by doc Mayo back from 1992 until about 1996 My time with him was the most productive out of all the years i spent trying to find help. You know since i have not found the need to look any further. I cannot say enough good about him. I hope he remembers me i would think so, I would love to speak to him as i have not now for many years. Just wanted to take the time to say how wonderful I think you are.
My son has severe bipolar disorder and had been off his meds as well as not functioning very well for the past 3 months. He voluntarily admitted himself to the psych unit at the hospital. The day before Dr Mayo saw him, another psych doc said, "I don't keep people in the hospital just because they are anxious and can't sleep." Dr. Mayo saw him the next day, spent an amazing amount of time with him and described the very concerning symptoms that I see. He was compassionate, an amazing listener, and took the time to see what most doctors never see b/c my son can hold it together for a short appt. Dr. Mayo watched a movie with my son about bipolar disorder, and it was only then that he saw all the contorting and bizarre body movements along with high anxiety. Dr Mayo said to me, "I know what you are talking about." What blessed words to hear. So grateful for this doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
30 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1988
The Menninger Clinic
Dr. Charles W Mayo II accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles W Mayo II in this video.
Dr. Charles W Mayo II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Croix Falls, WI.