Dr. Charles R Mckeen III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles R Mckeen III?

He is rude, crude and condescending. He spoke down to me and as I talked it was obvious he was not interested in me as a person or a patient. I didn't expect to be treated as a family member or even a family pet but at least as well as one of his cattle. If I had emergency surgery and he was the only one to care for me I wouldn't run but I would be concerned.

Dr. McKeen is a wonderful person. He explains everything that needs to be done. He has done surgery on me, my 11 year old daughter, my mother, and my father. We all are doing GREAT! I cant thank him enough for all of his help and hardwork. I cant explain how much I appreciate everything he has done for me and my family.

Doctor and staff are the BEST

a productive visit

I consulted with Dr. McKeen today, for a physical problem. He was professional, showed concern, and did a thorough exam. Then, he referred me to someone who specializes in the kind of surgery I may need. I appreciated that he didn't try to keep my by business for himself, and that he was able to send me to someone who really knows this surgery. Over-all, I was very happy with the visit.

Hang up the surgical scrubs

Dr. McKeen needs to retire. Time for the fresh and honest surgeons to fill his shoes. I know all about him and seen him practice and it makes my stomach turn. His elevator does not reach the top. Also, since he is on the board at the hospital he has power. This makes everyone believe he rises above everything. I have seen situations were he would not make the right decision with another doctor with him knowing that Dr. McKeen was wrong, but they are afraid to speak up. Very sad since there are patients who are trusting him and they have MAJOR complications because of the bad decisions he made. Many patients are sweep under the rug at the hospital since he has POWER. Anyone who reads this needs to think twice. If you or someone you know feel they are not in good hands. Get a second opinion from a doctor that can look you in the eye and willing to bring others in board to get you better. Also, check out their background: where did they go to medical school,how many times did it take for them to pass the boards (written and verbal). Please think about this and also always keep a journal.

Arrogant doctor

Dr. McKeen is very arrogant and does not liked to be questioned about his practice skills. I know patients that have had complications because of his decisions. Want a good surgeon, go to Indy.

Dr McKeen is a very skilled and professional surgeon. I've have two procedures performed by him and neither one developed complications. One of the top in Bloomington.

follow up after surgery

Dr. Mckeen does not do a good job following up after surgery. My loved one died because of his decisions. Dr. McKeen never read my loved ones chart and sent my loved one home very, very sick. My loved one returned back to the hospital and died 2 weeks later. Dr. McKeen should have read the chart to know that my loved one had no bowel sounds and a VERY HIGH white count when he released my loved one to go home. Think twice about Dr. McKeen!