Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles W Mercier has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Charles W Mercier has the following 17 expertise
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
Dr. Charles W Mercier has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Charles W Mercier is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
He never made eye contact with me, never actually looked at my wrist and foot (only the x-rays on the computer), called me "honey" five or six times and never once used my actual name. He didn't seem interested in hearing anything I had to say about my injuries, was condescending in answering questions, seemed anxious to leave the room, and would have done a procedure on my wrist that would not have yielded the best outcome had I let him do surgery. Possibly the worst experience I've ever had with a physician. I have a name, Dr. Honey!
During my first visit, a personable Dr. Mercier successfully treated my right sided " tennis elbow ". Now nine months later, I have developed a bursitis in the same elbow. He compassionately administered a steroid shot ;sent me on my way saying " two weeks of rest ( no tennis ) should do the trick!"
On the day my son was scheduled to get a pin out of his dislocated ankle WE did everything we were supposed to do: fasted, showed up at the hospital, got prepped, etc. Dr. Mercier, however, was later and later. Finally they called him at his home, and he admitted that he had forgotten that he was supposed to operate that Monday morning. So there was my very nervous nine-year-old waiting and waiting, and by the time the doctor finally arrived the surgery was three to four hours late and the anesthesiologist had gone off duty and we had to start all over with a new one. UNFORGIVABLE.
Dr. Charles Mercier doesn't do a full evaluation of injury nor ask the patient any questions--only look at an xrays and not physical appendage, range of movement, etc. He has the worst bedside manner--walks out of room upon asking a question. He bills erroneous charges, makes unnecessary office visits and partners with a medical sales representative to talk you into expensive, unproven "medical" apparatuses. The other "doctors" in the office may be better, but Stay Away from Dr. Mercier!
Dr. Mercier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Charles W Mercier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChicago Orthopedics And Sports Medicine, 3000 N Halsted St Ste 525, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles W Mercier in this video.
Dr. Charles W Mercier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.