Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles Parrott
Dr. Charles Parrott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lucedale, MS. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Interventional Cardiology and Cardiology. Dr. Parrott is affiliated with Providence Hospital, USA Medical Center and Jackson Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles Parrott has the following 2 specialties
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Charles Parrott has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Parrott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
USA Medical Center
Jackson Medical Center
J.L. Bedsole Rotary Rehabilitation Hospital
Springhill Memorial Hospital
South Baldwin Regional Medical Center
Springhill Hospitals, Inc
Mobile Infirmary Medical Center
26 Years Experience
University of Tennessee
Graduated in 1987
Carraway Methodist Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Associates, 911 Winter St, Lucedale, MS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles Parrott in this video.
Dr. Charles Parrott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lucedale, MS.