Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles Potter MD
Dr. Charles Potter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, IL. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Potter is affiliated with Aurora West Allis Medical Center, Aurora Medical Center of Manitowoc County and St. Luke's Medical Center-Milwaukee. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles Potter has the following 2 specialties
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Charles Potter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles Potter - Posted on May 26th, 2008
Dr. Potter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Aurora West Allis Medical Center
Aurora Medical Center of Manitowoc County
St. Luke's Medical Center-Milwaukee
Columbia St Marys Hospital Columbia
Memorial Medical Center
Aurora Medical Center - Oshkosh
Aurora Medical Center Kenosha
Columbia St Marys Hospital Ozaukee
Aurora Medical Center of Washington County
St. Mary's Hospital-Milwaukee
Aurora Psychiatric Hospital
Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center
Aurora Lakeland Medical Center
St Johns Hospital
Memorial Hospital Corp of Burlington
Aurora Sinai Medical Center
22 Years Experience
Medical College of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Charles Potter Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Charles Potter's office for more information.
415 N 9th St Springfield, IL : (217) 544-6464
Locations & Directions415 N 9th St, Springfield, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles Potter, MD - Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine in Springfield, IL, in this video.
Dr. Charles Potter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, IL.