Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles R Rethy has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cholesterol Management
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 16
I went in to see him today, because I have been extremely sick with chest congestion, a high fever of 103, ear pain, and body aches, which included kidney pain. I let his medical assistant know all of these things, which she wrote down in my file. She returned about five minutes later, and asked for a urine sample. (no surprise considering the kidney pain) about ten minutes later Dr. Rethy came in, looked at me asked what was going on... but before I could get it out he was feeling my glands- stated they were swollen- looked at my throat, thought it looked a 'little red' and listened to my lungs before declaring they were completely clear! Odd, I've only been hacking up dime sized clumps of YELLOW goo. yellow indicates infection! But he thought I was fine, despite the fact I could hardly talk. He also didn't check my ears at all, if he had checked my chart he would have seen that I had a double ear infection last summer, and that I have been prone to them my whole life.Next he asked why the medical assistant did the urine sample? (and I thought- didn't you read the chart?!?) I explained my kidneys hurt, which he promptly responded, "how do you know it is your kidneys?" I knew it was my kidneys because i have medical professionals in my family (including my mother and my sister) and thus explained it so, he was like "that isn't where your kidneys are,- but your urine sample did show you have an infection, that is why your back hurts." Duh! that is why I told the medical assistant!So then he proceeds to write a prescription for the infection in my kidneys- he began prescribing me something that I am allergic to- again- did you read my file?!? Gave me something else instead after I corrected him. I asked if I should just take Robitussin for the cough, and he responded with "well I guess i can give you something stronger." Hello!? I have an infection in my chest! I wake up choking at night! did I mention the yellow gunk! He wrote it for Robitussin with codeine; instead of an antibiotic for my chest/ head.No joke, from the time I met with him to the time I walked out it took maybe 5 minutes. He could have cared less. I still feel like crap and I am NEVER going back to him again. NEVER.
45 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1973
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Charles R Rethy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut Medical Group, 2416 Whitney Ave Fl 1, Hamden, CT
Dr. Charles R Rethy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hamden, CT.