Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles W Ruggles has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Charles W Ruggles has the following 12 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Basal Cell
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Dr. Charles W Ruggles has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Charles W Ruggles is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I have received treatment from Dr. Ruggles for skin problems for several years. He and his staff were responsible for obtaining special treatment with Sterala (shots every 12 weeks). His Assistant, Eleanor, was instrumental in getting these treatments approved. They always respond to telephone calls, and explain procedures in detail during a visit.
1 small mole - $700! Dr. didn't cut enough out to get a good sample, even at the suggestion of the nurse to cut more. Had to make another visit because Dr. Ruggles didn't get it right the first time. Total bill to cut out 1 mole came to $700. We paid the first $500 and then got another bill for an additional $200. After going discussing this multiple times with the staff, we said we won't be paying the additional amount. Today we received a letter from collections!
I had what I thought (and turned out to be right) a case of shingles and asked him on the phone if he could fit me in that day, since time was a factor. He said he couldn't but called in an Rx over the phone (I don't know if that's 'good medicine' practice or not). I was grateful for that, but as a long time patient I thought he could have squeezed me in for 5 minutes. He does lack in the tact department and more than once didn't even say goodbye, but at his age I doubt that will change. WIll probably retire soon anyway.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
47 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. Charles W Ruggles accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
Locations & Directions
Dr. Charles W Ruggles is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.