Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles B Russey has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 45
Dr Russey is competent but really looking to fleece his patients. He will try to "sell' you services you do not need and charge you for everything he can possible charge for. My example? He charged me $25 to sign a general health form immediately after a physical (generic predefined form for an adoption) and tried to charge $25 for his staff (not even him) to stamp a form proving I had a physical at his office. Ridiculous! These should be standard and took mere seconds.
I was able to get an apt and get on the schedule when I explained how sick I was for 6-7 days although unable to get an apt with a physician group I have used for over 14 years. Dr. Russey was professional, good at asking questions, listening to my responses, and providing me options in a collaborative way based on my responses. I would recommend him to others as you get the high level expertise with small town physician practice model with sensitivity. It is the more common patient experience that you clearly know the physician and/or the practice group has read and studied the latest revenue/patient maximization model of care instead of "patient centric" model of care that Family Medicine physicians practiced 20-30 years ago.
Dr. Russey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
John Peter Smith Hospital
Dr. Charles B Russey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAcute Care And Family Medicine, 415 E Southlake Blvd Ste 200, Southlake, TX
Dr. Charles B Russey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southlake, TX.