2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Charles G Shissias?

Neurological Visit

Dr. Shissias was professional and knowledgeable. I wish he had listened more, but overall, I was pleased with the visit.

He did not follow the "STANDARD OF CARE". He was condescending. Talked down to me. Gave me prescription's that I already had. Ordered a test, that had been done 2 days before. I told him that..."Well I did not see it". This means he did not really look at my info, which I filled out. All meds, and labs. My insurance had to pay again for the lab. I had to pay the co-pay. If I had filled and taken the meds, I could have died. Being an RN, I knew better. He is being reviewed by the SC Board of Doctor's.

Relative

Treated father for dementia. Prescribed off label drugs without any discussion of side effects, refused families demand to withdraw drugs during rehab. Father ended in the emergency room with delusional side effects. Continued treatment in hospital with more antipsychotic drugs used as chemical restraint. Within 2 months father died from heart failure very possibly from drugs prescribed. Every medical personnel encountered including Lowcountry Medical gave him poor recommendation. Should be investigated by SC medical board. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.

Great Doc

The doctor himself is great!! The staff at the front desk could use some work though.

Dystonia/ST

The first thing I want to say is thank you Dr. Shissas for treating me....... Also I don't agree with any of the reviews, especially that he is the worst in the state of SC. That's just ridiculous....Anyway I think he is great just be prepared to ask your questions quickly when you see him, he is very busy. Don't always expect him to be In a good mood, I am sure half of the patients he sees are miserable. I think the world of him and I would recommend him to anyone.

I had to laugh when I read the reviews, because they are all true except tht good review. He is very rude, arrogant, super late, he insulted me on numerous occasions, do doesnt listen, the nurse he had was rude, he only stays about 5 minutes (after he comes in over 30 minutes late), and he spends most of that time on his cellphone. However, he was the first neurologist to give me the correct diagnosis after an MRI. He believed me after the ER told me I was just stressed and my previous neurologist said I had carpal tunnel... I had MS. The first visit was fine, but after that I got was everyone else was describing in their post. I only gavr his 2 stars because he diagnosed me correctly

AWFUL!!!!

Had to go to this doctor because of a WC injury. All he wanted to do was to increase meds even though they weren't working. He WILL NOT complete any paperwork. Had to go to my family doctor to have initial SLTD paperwork completed for work even though the family doctor had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with treating me for this injury. Then, when we were given specific neurological paperwork to have completed, he waited over 5 weeks to decide that he WASN'T going to complete it. No reason given. Now, my SLTD is going to be cut off due to his refusal to do his job!! Wish I could give lower than a 1 star.

Stay away from this dr

This dr is terrible. Do not see him. Drive to another dr. He does not want to help. He is rude and arrogant. His nurse is as uncaring, if not more. He ignored everything i said and threw pain medication at me and told me to come back in 7 days. Meanwhile, I literally could not function...drive car, go to work, etc due to a nerve injury. No drugs would help. It was the worst dr experience I e ever had. After being 40 minutes late, he spent 5 minutes with me. In that 5, he left twice to answer his cell phone. I left sobbing. And then went on to get great care from another dr that was highly recommended. This man is bad news.

he seemed like he knew his stuff inthe begining but in subsequent visits he became rude and even insulting. i went for migraines and i never got any therapy to end them and i didnt feel like he listened to me. he comes across as arrogant

Wonderful Neurologist

Dr. Shissias was recommended to me by a friend for dementia. He actually requested my prior records and had reviewed my past medical history before my visit. He is thoughtful, caring, and intelligent! He treated me Exelon and has greatly approved my mentation. Kudos to Dr. Shissias. He is a wonderful asset to the Lowcountry community!!!!!

This doctor is likely the worst in the entire state of South Carolina. Don't waste your time and much less your money with him. I don't even know how he managed to get into med school. He shows complete disregard and care for his patients and the worst part is that he's not very knowledgeable in his field.If you need help look elsewhere. I guarantee you that you will be in better hands with someone else.

BAD DOCTOR!!! AVOID AT ALL COST

This man should not be practicing medicine. He is very ARROGANT and prefers to talk rather than listen. He does not believe that the patient should have an equal say in the care of their own body. He disregards your opinions and concerns. He gets angry and argumentative when you ask questions. Says things like "I'm the doctor so let me make the decisions" Yet, even though he is so impressed with his own knowledge, his knowledge is very lacking. For example, he NEVER REMEMBERS why you are there, doesn't read the charts you fill out, and treats you for what HE thinks you are there for, because he won't listen to what YOU say you are there for. He is also very quick to prescribe drugs, and lots of them, without examining you, with out checking for contraindications, and without warning you what to expect when you take them, or discontinue taking them. He will say with absolute confidence that something is NOT a side effect of a medication he has given you, and then you look on your print out, and it's listed under "the most common side effects". This happened to me several times. I do not trust him. He also prescribed me a medication that conflicted with one I was already taking. He gave me a very strong medication and strongly convinced me to keep taking it, even after I expressed my concerns, saying that he was the doctor and he knew what's best for me. Then when I finally could not take it any more, he instructed me to stop, without warning me of the withdrawl effects. I had to pay lots of extra $ to go back in - a complete, scared, mess, and he said "oh yes, that was some very strong stuff I had you on, you will continue to feel this way for three more weeks" Thanks for letting me know! I came in there with one concern, and ended up being treated for something else. In the end my condition is so much worse due to his poor treatment ,and I owe him $100's of dollars. This man is only interested in himself, and treating headaches with lots of drugs. He will treat you for this, even if that is not why you came. He is delusional, arrogant, and forgetful, and has to constantly be reminded, questioned, and kept in check in order to get a fair visit from him. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Dr. Charles G Shissias is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Beaufort, SC.