Dr. Charles Sisson Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Charles Sisson?

Saved my life

Posted on July 15th, 2017

I have been seen by several doctors at Colorado Clinic in the last three years, particularly Dr. Sisson, and can only say good things about my experience. I have a harrowing pain story. Please take a moment to read it and learn why I'm so enthusiastic about Dr. Sisson: Fourteen years ago I suffered an injury to my spinal cord caused by an unrelated doctor that has nothing to do with Colorado Clinic. While not paralyzed, I was in horrific pain that had me constantly questioning whether it was worth it to go on. The pain left me bedridden and in a wheelchair for 11 years. After paying them for 15 years prior, my health insurance canceled me six months in and we had to spend hundreds of thousands of savings dollars (and more borrowed) just to pay medical bills. My life was destroyed and could not work during all that time. I only left my bed to go to doctor's appointments, with my wife caring for me around the clock. I saw a myriad of doctors across the nation to get relief from the pain (including Johns Hopkins), some of whom tried unsuccessfully to help me, while others wanted nothing to do with me because it was a doctor-caused issue. However, when I began seeing Dr. Sisson and other physicians at Colorado Clinic, I immediately got the feeling that they were extra-motivated to help me. Each one listened intently with an open mind and with seven locations and more than a dozen doctors on staff, there is a wealth of expertise in different fields to lend knowledge and effort to try to solve my pain problem. Within months of when I started to see the Colorado Clinic doctors, I was doing better. Then about 1.5 years ago, Dr. Sisson told me about a new breakthrough technology that could help me. He arranged to do a trial and because of an insurance issue at the time, he absorbed the extra cost. This is something I have never heard of, and I was amazed at how willing he is to go to bat for his patients. Every step of the way he has gone an extra mile for me. The trial was a success and the subsequent permanent medical device has dramatically reduced my pain. With the pain lowered by 95%, I am off the drugs, back on my feet, and working again! The doctors at Colorado Clinic gave me my life back and I cannot thank them enough. Never give up - with doctors like the Dr. Sisson and his team at Colorado Clinic, there is always hope!

Posted on April 24th, 2017

Would absolutely not advise anyone to see the physician.

Posted on December 12th, 2016

absolutely awful experience; Dr. Sisson didn't even know my name or what I was there for, it's like my appointment was a nuisance to him. I've never been treated this poorly, I will never come back. Find someone else to treat your pain.

Factory medicine.

Posted on March 31st, 2016

The staff is clueless ( non medical) Power tripping urine analysis girl chin tell( name) makes patients feel uneasy with her language.

Posted on November 28th, 2015

Does not accurately listen to patients pain or medicine issues\needs

WORST ABUSIVE EXPERIENCE EVER BY STAFF!!

Posted on June 30th, 2015

Dr. Sisson's staff is absolutely disgusting AND OUTRIGHT ABUSIVE AND INTIMIDATING. I never made it past staff, who were rude, accusatory, unsympathetic, etc. when I tried to talk to Dr. Sisson about what his approach to pain management was and what I could expect. I found out what to expect. I was treated so RUDELY that I left without meeting with him. Staff demanded a UA just to see him!! I explained that I had a pain doctor in place at the time but needed a pain doc in Loveland eventually. I have heard such troubling things about this clinic since that day.. I refused the UA explaining that I had not yet decided to doctor with Sisson, that it was a totally unjustified expense for my insurance to pay for under the circumstance, that it was totally inappropriate , that I had made an appt specifically to meet with Sisson initially to see if it was a good fit. I am a senior citizen with an excellent track record with the clinic I have doctored with for over 30 years!! It struck me that the staff was rude, pushy, and if anyone had drug abuse issues it would most likely be the staff judging from the whole picture I was getting. I know they have to deal with a lot of addicts looking for meds but staff behavior was absolutely unacceptable and very very bizarre. I have an extremely painful, severe spinal cord deformity that is very well documented by my medical records. I left feeling that something was very very wrong with this clinic. I will leave it at that. I never met with Sisson and , based on other info I now have, I would never go to this clinicI If you can stand the abusive behavior by staff then perhaps this could work for you.

Lanalou Valente RN, BSN

Posted on February 6th, 2015

Dr. Sisson was brought into my care at the most grave situation in my entire life. Diagnosed with Stage IV , Colon Cancer and out of my mind in pain literally..InFebruary 2010...He has the most gentle and well mannerisms at the bedside one could ask for...from an online MD let alone a Surgeon. He is fully gifted,not only the intelligence but the up most gentle application with hands on a patient could ask for...I highly recommend him and would Not go to any one else...He stands alone in his speciality of pain management I have known in 30Yrs. of my nursing career.

compassionate doctor and person

Posted on July 30th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Sisson for over 12 years. I am 71 y/o, recently lost my husband, also a physician, retired, and I travel 7 to 8 painful hours to see him. There is only one pain specialist where I live and he didn't qualify as human. He was NASTY. Dr. Sisson has tried many things to control my horrible pain. He has personally seen me on every visit. I have a pain pump plus oral meds and try to 'stretch them' as far as I can. He's very considerate about making my appointments at my 'travel' convenience. I can't imagine a life without him in it and am very grateful to him for the years of kind, compassionate care he has given me.

Posted on March 25th, 2014

I was a patient there for three years. Dr Sisson came the exam room one time in the 3 years. I would see med aide first then a PA would follow. Each time a different PA would come in, it would be a couple months before I would see the same PA. On a couple occasions the quantity or mg. would be different then my original prescription. On a couple of occasion I caught staff smoking in bathroom. I would not recommend this doctor to friends family or to a stranger! This doctor and his staff have no training in bedside manners!

Posted on February 13th, 2014

Do not go to this doctor!

Worse Pain Doc In Fort Collins

Posted on August 31st, 2013

All I'm going to say is That Dr. Brad Sisson I almost died me back in 2005 if your looking for a drug pushing Dr. with no regaurd to your health than you found the right guy.

Posted on February 20th, 2013

I had very bad experiences with this doctor. Other medical providers actually shared their opinion of this doctor with me and they coincided with what I experienced.